Mr. Jared Antonnie Ngala addressing BANDS SACCO Society annual general meeting during his tenure as the Hon. Secretary of the society
About the Founder
Mr. Jared Antonnie Ngala – popularly known as Ngala Jared – is the founder and current executive director of the foundation.
He is a career sales and marketing executive with background in the insurance industry. He currently runs Ngala Jared Insurance Agency alongside the foundation which he established after working with the British American Insurance Company Kenya Limited for some years.
Jared holds the following professional qualifications:
- Diploma in Professional Sales Techniques – National School of Salesmanship, Manchester, UK.
- Diploma in Sales Management & Marketing – The Society of Sales & Marketing, London formerly the Society of Sales Management Administrators.
- Certificate of Proficiency – College of Insurance, Nairobi, Kenya
He has also undertaken some training in appropriate application of the English language in business environment (Business English) and is currently pursuing further studies.
Social work track record:
Besides his marketing professional orientation which is also people-centred, Jared has vast experience in community service. He has served various organizations in the following capacities:
- Secretary – Friends Club, an elitist socio-economic investment group.
- Secretary-General – Karungu Association, an urban based social welfare association of Karungu diaspora community working in Nairobi and its environs.
- Block Representative, Zonal Secretary; Secretary-General & Vice Chair of Huruma Flats Welfare Association, a neighborhood residents’ forum of Huruma Flats Estate, Nairobi.
- Huruma Flats Delegate to WE CAN DO IT, an umbrella association of Nairobi based neighborhood residents’ associations.
- Hon. Secretary – BANDS SACCO Society Limited, a savings and credit society of British American insurance company staff members.
- Editor – The Co-operator, a quarterly newsletter of BANDS SACCO Limited.
- Bands SACCO Delegate to the Nairobi Provincial Council of Kenya Union of Savings and Credit Cooperatives (KUSCCO) Limited.
- Regional Chairperson – East African Society of Insurance Intermediaries (EASII).
- Currently serves as committee member and patron of some primary schools in Kenya.
The founder’s community service work experience that he has gained over the years covers knowledge of the following fundamental pillars of CBO management:
- Community mobilization techniques
- Community organization – formulating governance structures of CBOs
- Drafting constitutions and policy documents for CBOs
- Registration procedures of CBOs and other related legal entities
- Basic requirements for successful community based project management
- Best practices for sustainable institutional management of CBOs; and
- Maintaining necessary operational records of CBOs
Why the foundation?
The founder’s passion for prudent institutional management and long term desire to oversee establishment of a well-organized social welfare management system at the community level motivated him to facilitate registration of the foundation to help coordinate implementation of his cherished public service ideology – tackling the multisectoral challenges in the society through cost-effective mobilization, organization, utilization and management of various resources at disposal right from the grassroots level upto international scene.
Other than his community service ambition to nurture development of the foundation into an international institutional instrument capable of addressing basic needs in life on sustainable basis, Jared has natural appetite for writing hence his aspiration to become a renowned writer.
To realize the latter dream, he presently pursues – on part time basis – authorship of a cross-section of books namely professional, cultural, socio-economic and political titles.